Thursday 14 March 2013

My March Glossy Box

Why hello there again, today I am going to give you a little look into my March Glossy Box and what I thought on the products I recieved. This month I was very happy with my box, I think there was a good variety of products and the ones I recieved were pretty perfect for me.


When I opened my box the first thing that caught my eye was a 7ml sample of 'Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant' I was really excited when I saw this as this product has been all over the blogging and youtube community as a little miracle product that can be used anywhere and everywhere to help with any dryness. I think the sample size was good as the product inside goes a long way, I haven't had a lot of use of it yet but what I have used I have liked so i'll have to keep you updated there.

Next up, another product I was looking forward to using the 'Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush Stain' I had never used any stain products before so was firstly looking forward to that but also had a 'Jelly Pong Pong' lip product in one of my previous boxes before and loved it. The lip stain I recieved was the full size product which usually cost £12 which is the entire price of my box plus p+p, amazing! At first I wasn't overjoyed with the colour they gave me which is a blue toned barbie pink colour which is pretty bright for someone who is new to introducing a bit of colour to my lips but as I have started to wear it the more I have started to like it. Look out for a future post on this product when I gave it a test run on how long lasting the 'stain' was.


Also in this months box was a perfume sample, usually i'm not a huge fan of getting perfume samples but mainly because the sample pots they usually come in are riduculously fiddley and I spill half the sample on the hand just opening the container. However to my suprise it was a mini atomizer so was easy to use and went that little bit further than usual. The fragrance this month was 'Juicy Couture, Couture La La' I haven't had the chance to try any 'Juicy Couture' scents so was pleased when I saw this in my box, it is said to contain mandarin and white floral notes and as a more sweet perfume kind of person this one was more floral than I would usually choose but I still enjoyed the scent.

Another sample was a mini 'Nails Inc' nail polish, I had recieved a mini polish from this company before in a previous box which was a top coat which always comes in handy and this time I pleased to find a cute little red one. I always think a red nail is always a good look whether on the fingers or toes and this polish is the perfect classic red colour. I haven't had a lot of use from 'Nails inc' polishes in the past but of what I have tried of the two I have I really like. I think they are slightly pricey for a 10ml bottle retailing for £11 but they are good qaulity and there are much more expensive brands out there.

Last but not least my final product was a 'TRESemme Salon Finish Extra Hold Hairspray' when I get products like this in my boxes I usually have mixed thoughts because firstly products like this are easily accessable in supermarkets and highstreet shops and dont really fit the 'luxury sample' tagline which is what the 'Glossy Box' originally started out as. However personally I am still happy with this product as the 100ml bottle is perfect for the handbag or travelling and I do really like 'TRESemme' hair products as they smell really great and work well on the hair just like this one. Plus I think even when the products are from a cheaper brand I still could find and love products which I may never of found if not through the beauty box samples.

So overall I was impressed with this months box and pleased with everything inside and looking forward to testing and using them all too. Let me know if you recieve 'Glossy Box's' or any different boxes and what they are like. Thanks for stopping by, bye for now.x

No comments:

Post a Comment