Thursday 20 June 2013

New Purchases


Last week I picked up a few items on a couple different trips out, a couple being things I have been looking to try for a while and a little spare of the moment purchase. Two of the products I picked up in my local supermarket when doing the weekly food shop, the first being one of the new 'Dove Compressed' deodorants. Deodorants are a pretty essential beauty product within my lifestyle and I have used this brand before however they have now changed their bottles by compressing the usual 150ml bottle into a much smaller 75ml bottle. Now the idea of this is great as it makes it much more handbag and travel freindly and it still claims to have the same amount of product inside. As using this kind of product is a very robotic step in my daily routine I think I will find it a little hard to measure if I used it in the same length of time as the larger bottles however I still love the product, the scents (epecially this pomegranate and lemon one) and how they work.


Second was a fairly new product to the market and it is one of the new 'Garnier' facial products, the one I picked up was the 'Pure Active Daily Energising Fruit Scrub' the reason I got this one was as I had recently used up an 'Elemis' daily exfoliating wash sample and loved using in the mornings and wanted a similar product to replace it and this one is perfect. It is a gel consitency with very small exfoliating particles which still give you the invigorating scrub you need in the morning. Another aspect of the product I love is the scent, this has extracts of grapefruit, pomegranate and vitamin C and it really does have a fresh fruity scent which helps wake you and your skin up however is not overpowering at all. This is targeted at oily skin which is prone to imperfections which is perfect for my skin and claims to give a deep cleanse, tighten pores and also give the skin an invigorating glow too which are pretty good claims which i'll have to keep you updated on.


The final product I got in 'Poundland' as I always like to pop in if I'm nearby either for a snack or just a general look around and this time I wanted to look in the beauty section after watching a couple of 'MissBudgetBeauty's videos on some of the brands and product which can be found in their. The product I picked up was the 'Body Lishuss! Body Butter' in the mango scent which smells amazing! This moisturiser has a similar consitency to the ever so popular 'The Body Shop' body butters and is quite thick and creamy however still sinks really nicely into the skin. Now for the scent, mango is my all time favourite smell and taste this body butter isn't an overpowering scent but still gives a lovely fruity mango aroma, the smell slightly leans towards a more synthetic mango scent however I still like it and it smells great on the skin too. After applying the butter around 5 hours later I could still smell the scent on my skin quite a lot fainter but definitley still there and my skin also felt super soft and nourished too. I think this may be a new body product favourite for the future.


Thanks for stopping by, bye for now.x

No comments:

Post a Comment