Monday 30 September 2013

Scrub a Dub Dub: Sanctuary Salt Scrub Review

                     

One thing I love about Sanctuary is that they do lots of travel size/ smaller versions of a lot of their products meaning you can try them out before splurging out on a full size that you might not like. Their salt scrub I have tried before in the past and a little while ago I picked up another sachet of it but it got a little pushed to the side... Until now! I pulled this little one out and used it in a mini pamper shower and was a little shocked!

When I first opened it up it filled the room with the lovely signature sanctuary scent and immediately made me feel pampered and relaxed. The scrub is quite dry and consists of Dead Sea salt which are fairly large in size and they are combined with a mixture of jojoba, sweet almond and coconut oil. The scrub is very harsh on the skin and suprisingly harsher than I remember and even a little sore on my recently more sensitive legs. 

However the harshness of the scrub does mean it is really great for a thorough full body exfoliation and increasing the circulation to the skin which can be seen from pink/ red skin but don't worry it is normal and goes down fairly quickly which did also happen with the sore feeling I felt. One thing I do love is that the scrub leaves a thin oil residue on the skin meaning it is super soft without even moisturising but I still would after using it to make sure any hydration lost from using it is packed back into the skin. 

They do retail the full size scrub here for and the sample size here which you could probably stretch out for two full body uses. Obviously this isn't the cheapest of scrubs out there but great for a treat and as a gift too, we'll that dreaded C word is on its way! But overall I do really like this, have you tried this or any of the other Sanctuary products? Thanks for stopping by, bye for now.x

No comments:

Post a Comment