Tuesday 26 February 2013

On Trial: No7 Cleansing Brush

Recently there has been a lot of hype over cleansing brushes such as the much spoken about clarisonic. Now previous to this the only experience I had ever had with cleansing brushes was the small hand held facial brush from 'The Body Shop' so when I recieved an email from www.boots.com advertising their new 'No 7 Cleansing Brush' for £25 I was really excited to go out and buy it especially as they had a 3 for 2 offer on at the same time too! I had always been intrested in the other cleansing brushes available but for £99+ there wasn't a chance in hell I would be getting my hands on one of them. I understand that with some of the other brands that they had advance brush heads which could be interchangable and have different firmness' for different skin types but for alot of people asking for that kind of money is most likley out of their price ranges.


I have been using the 'No 7 Cleansing Brush' now for a couple of weeks and I am really impressed with the results so far. Its really simple to use too, you just apply your cleanser over you face as normal, wet the brush head and then massage it over the face. There are two speed settings for the brush which enable you to chose how deep you want to cleanse or how I like to use it by using the faster rotations on the more problems areas of my skin and breakouts. You then rinse the brush and just remove the excess cleanser on your face as normal. I have found since using this within my cleansing routine it has helped clear any breakouts I had and has prevent the amount that has come since. There is only one brush head/ brush avalible meaning that it may not suit all skin types, personally I have combination to oily skin and the bristles on the brush are firm enough to provide a deep cleanse and exfoliation for me without causing any sensitivity however for a dryer or more sensitive skin type they may find it not suitable. This is actually found on the product packaging too saying they wouldn't recommend it for a dry/ sensitive skin type therefore if this reflects you and your skin I would personally avoid it and prehaps instead try a manual brush which can be found in 'Boots' stores too.

Thanks for stopping by, bye for now.x






No comments:

Post a Comment